Director of Pricing Strategy
Cordance accelerates growth of our businesses organically through go-to-market optimization. Central to this mission is our ability to develop, execute, and optimize pricing and packaging strategies across the portfolio.
We are looking for a pricing expert who loves to partner with stakeholders to set strategy and then put those strategies in motion. Reporting to the Head of Product Strategy, the Director of Pricing Strategy will work within the Cordance Operations team to drive sustainable ARR growth from product and pricing initiatives that allow us to monetize the value that our products create for customers. We have a bias for action and take a rigorous approach to continuous improvement through test-and-learn experimentation.
As Director of Pricing Strategy, you will be instrumental in developing pragmatic and repeatable pricing and packaging methodologies that scale across multiple business models and industries. Cordance acquires new businesses at a frequent pace, so your responsibilities include quickly ascertaining areas for improvement in target companies’ pricing & packaging and working with BU leadership teams to execute price changes.
Requirements – Skills & Experience
- 7+ years of experience developing pricing & packaging strategy for B2B SaaS businesses, preferably selling to Enterprise and Mid-Market
- Strong quantitative mindset combined with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional project management and presentation skills
- Understanding of experimental design and basic statistics
- Ability to model and forecast expected outcomes from pricing tests
- Experience with technical implementation of pricing recommendations
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Experience with a variety of primary and secondary research techniques
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Experience with NetSuite
- Thoughtful, but prizes execution with a bias for action
- Values scale, quality, and efficiency
- Thrives in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Intellectually curious and capable
- Highly organized and system driven
- Analytical and data driven with a keen intuition
- Desire to work with a high-powered team of proven operators
- Mindful of stakeholder buy-in and concise communicator
- Own and manage high-quality execution of individual projects. End-to-end project management will include roadmap design, management of the project team and plan, and development and presentation of final deliverables.
- Design pricing experiments, model pricing scenarios, track performance to forecast
- Rationalize SKUs during integration of newly acquired businesses
- Conduct primary and secondary market research to support pricing & packaging decisions
- Assess competitive landscape and customer trends
- Develop migration plans for existing customers to new SKUs
- Partner with Customer Success to migrate customer base to new SKUs and mitigate churn risk
- Partner with Sales to effectively position pricing & packaging on value
- Partner with Revenue Operations to execute pricing & packaging changes
- Partner with Finance to ensure accurate invoicing on legacy and future SKUs