Senior Financial Accountant
The Senior Financial Accountant will be responsible for assigned month-end close activities (consolidated and at entity level), reconciling general ledger accounts, further automating existing processes, and helping deliver ad-hoc projects across the Finance function. This position is essential to the accounting function and will be expected to meet deadlines and provide high quality work.
- Ensure accurate and timely entry of data into the accounting system to enable efficient and precise month end close.
- Own the reconciliation of balance sheet accounts with necessary backup documentation—streamline process and improve uniformity of reconciliation procedures.
- Prepare journal entries with appropriate documentation.
- Reconcile the inter-company balances and make appropriate journal entries on a monthly basis.
- Draft analysis of specified general ledger accounts in preparation for financial review.
- Prepare high quality ad hoc reports and analysis as needed.
- Maintain document policies and procedures.
- Recommend process improvements across the management of the GL and any other Finance areas.
- Provide guidance to accounting peers for accounts payable processing and general ledger coding.
- Advise internal customers regarding coding for purchase orders.
- Provide data and knowledge to Finance and cross-functional projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 5 years corporate accounting experience.
- Able to multitask and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail oriented and able to effectively organize and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively with a team.
- Experience with an ERP system and experience with NetSuite a plus.
- Able to maintain highly confidential information and protect employee and company confidential information.
- Confidence, good judgment, energy, and personality to work in a dynamic environment across all levels of management and across functions.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present large amounts of data in a format that allows leaders to make appropriate business decisions.
- Experience and knowledge in U.S. GAAP and SOX compliance.
Cordance (cordance.co) is dedicated to accelerating the growth of vertically focused business-to-business (B2B) software-as-a-service (SaaS) companies through acquisition and long-term tactical and financial guidance. We’re experienced operators and subject-matter experts with a passion for software and building businesses. We partner with founders to help them scale their businesses and realize their companies’ full potential. We look for businesses with strong leadership and high potential for profitable growth, and work together to increase year-over-year revenue, company efficiency, and impact.
Send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com